welcome

Welcome to this blog. I hope it becomes a useful and interesting tool.

domingo, 7 de enero de 2018

2ND BACHILLERATO. 8TH JANUARY 2018. WELCOME BACK


1.TO BE CORRECTED TOMORROW IN CLASS


POST-CHRISTMAS  BLUES



COMPLETE WITH AN APPROPRIATE TENSE OFTHE VERBS IN BRACKETS


WELL, the holidays ________ (be) over, and we _______________ (just/come back) to school. We _____________ (eat) and __________ (rest) _______(dance) and ________(celebrate.) .Yesterday while I ______________ (think) of the new year ahead, I _________ (realise) that I _______________ (not do) any homework for school, I __________ (forget) all about it. By that time it _________ (be) too late to do anything, so I ________ (go) to sleep. The Christmas holidays are a bit deceiving because you _________ (think) you _________ (have) lots of time, and then suddenly, they ________(disappear). Everybody _______________ (go back to work), but the Christmas decorations _________________ (still hang) all around the house. When I ___________ (be a child) I ______________ (never want) to take them down so I __________ (ask) my mum to leave them there for a while. This year I made two New Year’s Resolutions,  to stop_____________(smoke) (again) and not to forget my homework (again).




2. LITERATURE.

tHIS TERM WE ARE GOING TO STUDY THE LITERATURE OF THE PERoID AFTER THE SECOND WORLD WAR IN USA. I HOPE YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE FIRST ACT OF THE DEATH OF A SALESMAN AT CHRISTMAS. ON WEDNESDAY 20 QUESTION QUIZ TO CHECK.

TODAY WE ARE GOING TO START WITH YOUR LITERATURE FILE. WATCH THE VIDEOS AND DO THE ACTIVITIES REQUESTED. 


answer the questions
1. Which year did the war end?

2. What was the feeling among people at the end of the war?

3. what was the characteristic of the next decades?

4. Why did Dick Manoff have difficulties trying to get a job?

5. Why was Mr Peabody named a traitor to his class?

read this page and answer the questions (you need to move on the topics on the top to find out the answers



http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/era.cfm?eraID=16&smtID=1

1. What is the cold war?
What happened in the 50s  in relation to african american?
what happened in the 50s in relation to music?
Who was joseph Mac Carthy?
Who was Margaret  Chase Smith?
When did the korean war start and why<<'




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario